CCF photo competition
Posted on September 06, 2016
The deadline for the first ever national CCF photo competition has been extended until 31 October 2016. Please read the terms and conditions carefully before submitting your entry.
1. This competition is open to anyone serving as a cadet or adult volunteer at a Combined Cadet Force unit in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man. The competition is open to all services within the CCF.
2. The entrant must be registered as a current cadet, or cadet force adult volunteer on Westminster (or Bader where applicable), on the date at which the photo is submitted.
3. Entries should be submitted by via email to email@example.com. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
4. Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name and image files should ideally be between 1MB and 3MB. The entry should clearly state which category the image is to be entered in to (cadet, or adult volunteer).
5. An individual may submit up to five individual entries. Each image should be submitted separately (one photo per email).
6. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that any pictures are taken with the consent of the subject. Where individuals are identifiable in the image, a consent form should be submitted alongside the entry. This includes all portrait, or close-up shot where any individual’s face is clearly recognisable. An example of a consent form is included below – which can be used where the school does have an existing photo consent in place.
7. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
8. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
9. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have won a prize in any other photographic competition. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
10. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the entrant. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Combined Cadet Force Association to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications and their website, as well as for any future promotion of this competition.
11. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
12. Individuals attending Army Cadet Force (ACF), Air Training Corps (ATC) and Sea Cadet Corps (SCC) units based in schools are not eligible to enter.
13. The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing, creative and which best sums up the theme of the competition. Winners will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
14. The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
15. The winner’s name and county may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month after the published closing date, stating the date of publication and enclosing a stamped addressed envelope, to Marketing Officer, CCFA, Holderness House, 51-61 Clifton Street, London EC2A 4DW.
16. The prizes as described are available on the date of publication. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.