On 16th February 1918, the first contingent of the Dundee High School (DHS) CCF met for its first ever parade, at the Douglas Street Drill Hall under the command of Capt JB Swan. As the Courier newspaper reported at the time, 'Over 40 cadets paraded and the lads showed great keenness and aptitude.'
To mark the 100th anniversary of that first parade for the then fledgling group, the school staged a special CCF centenary parade.
The parade took place on the school playground and involved the whole of the current contingent of cadets (more than 100 in total). They were inspected by the Guest of Honour, and one of the most senior Army officers in Scotland, Colonel Stephanie Jackman MBE TD, Assistant Commander 51 Infantry Brigade and HQ Scotland.
The championship winning Drill Team displayed their skills and the Pipe Band performed in front of an audience that included parents, pupils, former pupils, former CCF members and guests associated with the group, plus friends of the school.