- The School Staff Instructor will play a key role in the leading, developing and expansion of our new RAF Cadet Force into an outstanding cadet unit.
- As a central role in overseeing the efficient running of the contingent, the School Staff Instructor will plan,support planning and assist with training/instruction to the RAF Cadet Unit staff and cadets.
- To provide support as directed in developing resilience for ‘hard to reach pupils’
- Maintain weapon and ammunition accounting, physical security issues and serviceability
- Be responsible for conduct of Equipment Care and Mandatory Equipment Inspections as required
- Maintain records and supervise the issue and return of weapons and ammunition
- Act as Unit Security Officer
- Brief Headteacher and Cadet Force Adult Volunteers on current threats and Ministry of Defence policy regarding security
- Conduct the annual Establishment Security Self-Assessment with the Contingent Commander
- Support Cadet Force Adult Volunteers for their Officer’s Initial courses at Service Headquarters
- Prepare Cadet Force Adult Volunteers for courses
- Prepare cadets for training courses where appropriate
- Provide opportunities for cadets to take part in RAF Cadet Unit and shooting competitions.
- Assist with the production and implementation of training programmes for the RAF Cadet Unit
- Attend and take a leading role in RAF Adventurous Training Camps
- Process military paperwork and liaise with service Headquarters, attend miscellaneous RAF Cadet Unit training events as and when required
- With the Contingent Commander, prepare the Contingent for its Annual Review and Biennial Inspection events and other public parades such as Remembrance Day.
- To support the Contingent Commander in running the RAF Cadet Unit
- To provide administration for the RAF Cadet Unit
- To organise and deliver military training to the RAF Cadet Unit
- Support motivation of staff and cadets to develop their own military and adventurous training skills
- Organise appropriate training and keeping records on individuals
- To use the national cadet database (Westminster and Bader) to coordinate and plan consistent progress across all aspects of the training process
- Maintaining environments and equipment in accordance with Joint Services Publication 313 and 814
- Carrying out general administration and maintenance duties, ensuring the efficient day to day running of the RAF Cadet Unit
- Take an active role in raising aspirations of young people through mentoring sessions with pupils at school and across the trust
- Assist the Contingent Commander in development and delivery of Annual Review and Biennial Inspection Parades
- Assist Cadet Force Adult Volunteers in preparing for annual administrative inspections by Service Headquarters
- Maintain records and logs as appropriate for all types of inspections
- To play a full part in the life of the school community and to support its distinctive mission and ethos.
- To encourage pupils to follow this example.
- To actively support school policies.
Any other duties as directed by the Headteacher