Find out more about the national charity which supports the ideals and activities of the CCF.
The Combined Cadet Force Association (CCFA) is a national charity dedicated to promoting the ideals and activities of the Combined Cadet Force (CCF). Membership of CCFA is open to CCF contingents.
The CCFA provides its members special access to:
- The CCFA is committed to upholding the values and ideals of the CCF. On this basis we advise the MOD, Single Services, HM bodies and head teachers’ organisations on CCF matters. Giving voice to our members at a national level on the issues that matter to them is one of the most important things we can do for your Contingent.
- CCFA can also provide a point of contact with other CCF stakeholders including CVQO, St John Ambulance, the Council for Cadet Rifle Shooting and others.
Information and advice:
- CCFA publish a free to members termly magazine, ‘Connected’. This is a source of information for units on current CCF activities, opportunities and trends, and offers the opportunity to share your own news and photos.
CCF Insurance Schemes:
- CCF Personal Accident Insurance and Contingent Public Liability. This is for CCF Cadets and CFAVs in member contingents. The cover includes accidents that happen during all authorised cadet activity and operates independently from the MoD Liability (you could claim on both independently). The cover also extends to include accidents on the way to your CCF place of duty. The annual premium costs are:
o £1.55 per Cadet
o £4.65 per CFAV
Cadets over 16 receive the adult cover (which has higher payouts than the under 16 cover) but still pay the cadet price. There is no excess except for employment benefit when the first week off work is not covered.
- CCF Travel Insurance. This insurance is specifically tailored to the CCF and includes all authorised activity. It is purchased through CCFA on a per trip basis. The premium costs are:
o £0.82 per person per day in the UK
o £1.19 per person per day in the EU
o £1.49 per person per day in the rest of the world.
If you want to undertake an activity that is not on the October 2013 DIN you must contact the CCFA Insurance Administrator and get it added to the policy (there may be an excess for this service). Some specific inclusions are:
o A reduced excess of £40
o Search and Rescue cover
o The use of sporting guns for authorised cadet shooting.
- Legal Expenses. This service is available to serving CCF CFAVs in a member contingent or who hold individual CCFA membership. Once a CFAV has left the CCF they are no longer covered. The policy includes:
o A 24 hour legal helpline: 0845 293 0695. Calling this number will either get a solicitor to call you in working hours or, out of working hours, will get you directly through to a duty solicitor.
o Cover for offences against the person: These are commonly safeguarding accusations.
o Criminal Prosecution: Up to a value of £100,000 for any one claim. A £1,000 excess applies.
o Arrest Assistance: Up to a value of £1,000 for any one claim. No excess.
o Inquest Representation: Up to a value of £100,000 for any one claim. A £1,000 excess applies.
- CCFA Small Grants Programme is open only to members; it directly supports individual cadets to enable them to take part in activities not ordinarily funded by their individual Cadet contingent, e.g. overseas expeditions and advanced level training courses.
- Cadet Bursary Fund (CBF) assists state schools which have been newly approved to set up cadet units under the Cadet Expansion Programme by providing financial assistance to support the school in the recruitment and remuneration of staff and adult volunteers.
- Sustainability Funding for CCF units is being actively sought by CCFA and trial programmes are planned in 2016/17.
- CCFA provides a UK-wide forum for the CCF and their schools;
- And also hosts an AGM and annual members’ dinner which is open to all members and provides ideal opportunities to network with other members and key CCF stakeholders.
Training, activities and events:
- CCFA delivers specially tailored first aid training courses for CCF adult volunteers.
- CCFA organises national CCF events, including the National first aid competition that many CCFs take part in.
- ACE expeditions – CCFA organises a subsidised biennial expedition to Africa for cadets from the ACF and CCF. The next expedition is planned for 2018.
- Music - ACF Piping and Drumming and Bands are always seeking CCF band involvement.
- CCFA strives to ensure that cadets are recognised for the outstanding contributions they so often make to society, for example, that those cadets delivering first aid in the community are nominated for St John’s Ambulance Everyday Heroes Awards.
- CFAVs in a brigade or national appointment can also take out this insurance; just email firstname.lastname@example.org.